The department of mechanical engineering has been started in the year 2003 with an intake of 60 and present intake is 120. Further, the M. Tech. program in machine design specialization has been started in the year 2014 with a total intake of 24 students and Ph. D. program in mechanical engineering is expected soon.
The department is equipped with laboratories for core courses such as Material Testing Laboratory, Machine shop Laboratory, Fluid Mechanics Laboratory, Energy Conversion Laboratory, Heat & Mass Transfer Laboratory, Design Laboratory, Computer Aided Machine Drawing Laboratory and Mechanical Workshop. These laboratories have state of the art experimental setups and machineries for enhancing the practical knowledge of students at par with the cutting edge technology. The department is now expanding its wings towards elective course laboratories such as Non Conventional Energy Sources Laboratory, Automobile Laboratory, CNC Laboratory etc.
The department organizes Seminars, workshops/colloquia, guest lectures on wide-ranging topics. The department also organizes industrial visits for students periodically to provide an opportunity for the students to interact with working professionals from industry. Further, the department is planning to collaborate with industries and research institutions to setup specialized laboratories and joint research programs. Such initiatives will provide an opportunity to the students to have feel of real on sight situations in the industries and how to handle them. The department is also planning on innovative ideas for the rural development in the district of vijayapur.
The students excel in academics under the constant guidance of well qualified, dedicated and devoted faculty members. The area of specialization of all faculties has a lot of diversity that covers various aspects of mechanical engineering and is capable to mold young minds into successful professionals. The faculty members of the department have presented and published many research papers in the national & international journals & conference proceedings. A few of the faculty members are pursuing Ph. D. degree.
Develop professionally competent Mechanical Engineers to cater the needs of society.
We, at Mechanical Engineering Department are committed to achieve our vision by
- Imparting Mechanical Engineering knowledge through outcome based education.
- By inculcating skills to attain excellence.
- Instilling students to become creative and innovative through research activities.
- Involve all stakeholders for development of department.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Graduates will be able to pursue successful professional career in Mechanical Engineering with sound technical and managerial capabilities.
- PEO 2: Graduates will have skills and knowledge to formulate, analyze and solve problems in mechanical engineering to meet global challenges.
- PEO 3: Graduates will be capable of pursuing mechanical engineering profession with good communication skills, leadership qualities, team spirit and professional ethics to meet the needs of the society.
- PEO 4: Graduates will sustain an appetite for continuous learning by pursuing higher education and research in the allied areas of science and technology.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO 1: Engineering knowledge: An ability to apply basic knowledge of science, mathematics and engineering fundamentals in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- PO 2: Problem analysis:PO 3: Design/development of solutions: An ability to design for complex mechanical engineering problems using basic design concepts, analyze and process to meet the desired needs with in realistic constraints such as manufacturability, durability, and economy with appropriate consideration for the public health, safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: An ability to conduct experiments, analyse, interpret the data and results with valid conclusion.
- PO 5: Modern tool usage: An ability to apply modern tools to model, design, analyze, verify and to solve complex mechanical engineering problems.
- PO 6: The Engineer and Society: An ability to understand the impact of mechanical engineering solutions globally, in terms economic, societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7: Environment and sustainability: PO 8: Ethics: An ability to understand and apply ethical principles and commitment to address professional ethical responsibilities of an engineer.
- PO 9: Individual and team work: PO 10: Communication: An ability to communicateinstructions for preparing effective reports and documentation.
- PO 11: Project management and finance: An ability to acquire and demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary issues related to finance and managerial skills to bring up entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship.
- PO 12: Lifelong learning: An ability to recognize and adapt to emerging field of application in engineering and technology by developing self-confidence for continuing education and lifelong learning process.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO 1: Identify, Formulate and Analyze Complex Engineering problems in Thermal Engineering and Design of Machines.
- PSO 2: Develop and implement new ideas on product design and development with the help of modern CAD/CAM tools, while ensuring best manufacturing practices.