Welcome to the Department of Computer Science & Engineering. The Department was established in the year 2002 and offers undergraduate program (B.E.) in Computer Science & Engineering with an intake of 60.
PG programme was introduced to the department in the year 2013-14 in Computer Network Engineering with an intake of 18. Department was also recognized as a Research centre in the year 2013.
The department is bound to produce not just skilled engineers but citizens who are responsible towards society. We are a team of highly qualified, experienced & dedicated faculties. Department has sufficient number of Well-equipped laboratories, class rooms & library for imparting quality education.
To prepare Civil Engineers who are professionally competent and socially responsible.
We at Department of Civil Engineering are committed to achieve our vision by:
- Imparting academic excellence through outcome based education.
- Preparing students through skill oriented courses to excel in their profession with ethical values.
- Grooming students for higher studies and research culture.
- Strengthening relationship with stakeholders for continuous development.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Students will develop abilities in the application of the necessary mathematical tools, scientific basics & fundamental knowledge of Civil Engineering.
- PEO 2: Students will develop ability to practice as consulting Engineer in Civil Engineering domains such as infrastructure water resource and environment.
- PEO 3: Students will develop an understanding of the multidisciplinary approach to relate Engineering issues to broader social and human context.
- PEO 4: Students will be engaged in lifelong learning so as to have a successful career as Civil Engineer.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Students in the Civil Engineering programme should, at the time of their graduation, be able to
- PO 1: Engineering knowledge:Demonstrate basic knowledge in Mathematics, Science and Engineering to solve Civil Engineering.
- PO 2: Problem analysis: Identify and solve technical problems pertaining to Civil Engineering.
- PO 3: Design/development of solutions: Analyse, Design and deliver products / documents that meet customer requirements.
- PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Apply the solutions to Civil Engineering problems in global and societal contexts.
- PO 5: Modern tool usage:PO 6: The Engineer and Society: Use various techniques / measures, which will be of great use to the society, during the time of crisis.
- PO 7: Environment and sustainability: Identify and perform the activities which will improve the environment and sustainability.
- PO 8: Ethics: Understand and follow professional and ethical responsibilities as experts in the field of Civil Engineering.
- PO 9: Individual and team work: Function as a Project member / leader in a Civil Engineering or multidisciplinary project.
- PO 10: Communication:Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- PO 11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge of recent trends to manage project and finance of Civil Engineering.
- PO 12: Lifelong learning: Exhibit skills for continuous and lifelong learning in Civil Engineering.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO 1: The graduates will have the ability to plan, analyze, design, execute and maintain cost effective civil engineering structures.
- PSO 2: The graduates of civil engineering program will have the ability to conduct standardized field and laboratory tests related to civil engineering.