Civil Engineering Department has been established in the year 2002 with an intake of 60 students. In the year 2012 intake has been increased from 60 to 120 students. In the year 2015 M.Tech in Structural Engineering has been introduced with an intake of 24 students and has been grown into full fledged, well equiped with specialization in all major areas of Civil Engineering. Faculty have contributed significantly to overall growth of the department and received funds from AICTE-Modrob, KSCST and Engineering related societies. It has produced VTU rank students and supported students to bag awards in national level fests and sport events.
To prepare Civil Engineers who are professionally competent and socially responsible.
We at Department of Civil Engineering are committed to achieve our vision by:
- Imparting academic excellence through outcome based education.
- Preparing students through skill oriented courses to excel in their profession with ethical values.
- Grooming students for higher studies and research culture.
- Strengthening relationship with stakeholders for continuous development.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Students will develop abilities in the application of the necessary mathematical tools, scientific basics & fundamental knowledge of Civil Engineering.
- PEO 2: Students will develop ability to practice as consulting Engineer in Civil Engineering domains such as infrastructure water resource and environment.
- PEO 3: Students will develop an understanding of the multidisciplinary approach to relate Engineering issues to broader social and human context.
- PEO 4: Students will be engaged in lifelong learning so as to have a successful career as Civil Engineer.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Students in the Civil Engineering programme should, at the time of their graduation, be able to
- PO 1: Engineering knowledge:Demonstrate basic knowledge in Mathematics, Science and Engineering to solve Civil Engineering.
- PO 2: Problem analysis: Identify and solve technical problems pertaining to Civil Engineering.
- PO 3: Design/development of solutions: Analyse, Design and deliver products / documents that meet customer requirements.
- PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Apply the solutions to Civil Engineering problems in global and societal contexts.
- PO 5: Modern tool usage:PO 6: The Engineer and Society: Use various techniques / measures, which will be of great use to the society, during the time of crisis.
- PO 7: Environment and sustainability: Identify and perform the activities which will improve the environment and sustainability.
- PO 8: Ethics: Understand and follow professional and ethical responsibilities as experts in the field of Civil Engineering.
- PO 9: Individual and team work: Function as a Project member / leader in a Civil Engineering or multidisciplinary project.
- PO 10: Communication:Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- PO 11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge of recent trends to manage project and finance of Civil Engineering.
- PO 12: Lifelong learning: Exhibit skills for continuous and lifelong learning in Civil Engineering.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO 1: The graduates will have the ability to plan, analyze, design, execute and maintain cost effective civil engineering structures.
- PSO 2: The graduates of civil engineering program will have the ability to conduct standardized field and laboratory tests related to civil engineering.