I feel ecstatic to introduce you to the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering. Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering of S.I.E.T was established in the year 2002 with an intake of 60.
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering strives for increasing the knowledge, enhancing the critical thinking, ability to change information into knowledge and power of analyzing the things technically of each and every student in the ever changing society.We also intend to impart knowledge through a closed knit family of highly competent faculty. Our Laboratories have been very well established not only to cover complete syllabus but to motivate students to learn beyond the syllabus which definitely develops complete knowledge of the subject (both the practical and theoretical) and develop skill sets of students to become promising engineers in future.
The department organizes Seminars, workshops/colloquia, guest lectures on recent trends & Technology. The department also organizes industrial visits for students periodically to provide an opportunity for the students to interact with working professionals from industry. We send students for internship programs which provides an opportunity to the students to have a feel of real on sight situations in the industries and how to handle them. It is firmly believed that the prestigious position of this department will be maintained and upheld by our students along with whole hearted and sincere efforts of all the members of the department.
To produce professionally competent and socially responsible Electronics and Communication Engineers.
- To strengthen core competencies among the learners through outcome based education.
- To impart technical skills by conducting hands-on training programs/workshops on emerging technologies.
- To produce graduates with innovative technical expertise
- To involve stake holders in the development of the department.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: To prepare students to give good theoretical background with sound practical knowledge, enable them to analyze and solve Electronics and communication engineering problems by applying basic principles of mathematics, science, engineering and using modern tools and techniques.
- PEO 2: To make students to test hardware components and software for offering solution to real-life situations.
- PEO 3: To inculcate students to be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues while pursuing their professional duties.
- PEO 4: To build strong fundamental knowledge amongst students to pursue higher education, and to enhance research and continue professional development in Electronics, communication and IT industries with attitude for lifelong learning
- PEO 5: To nurture students with technical and communication skills in order to be able to function in multidisciplinary fields and make them aware of contemporary issues at national and international levels.
Programme outcome (POs)
- PO 1: Engineering knowledge:An ability to apply basic knowledge of science, mathematics and engineering fundamentals in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- PO 2: Engineering knowledge:ability to identify, formulate and analyze Electronics and Communication engineering problems using basics principles of science, mathematics, and engineering.
- PO 3: Engineering knowledge: An ability to design for complex Electronics and Communication engineering problems using basic design concepts, analyze and process to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as manufacturability, durability, and economy with appropriate consideration for the public health, safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO 4: Engineering knowledge:An ability to conduct experiments, analyze, interpret the data and results with a valid conclusion.
- PO 5: Engineering knowledge:An ability to apply modern tools to model, design, analyze, verify and to solve complex Electronics and Communication engineering problems.
- PO 6: Engineering knowledge:Ability to understand the impact of Electronics and Communication engineering solutions globally, in terms economic, societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7: Engineering knowledge:;An ability to understand the principles, commitment and practice to improve product sustainable development globally in Electronics and Communication engineering with minimal environmental effect.
- PO 8: Engineering knowledge:An ability to understand and apply ethical principles and commitment to address professional ethical responsibilities of an engineer.
- PO 9: Engineering knowledge:An ability to function efficiently as an individual and as a group member in a team in multidisciplinary activities.
- PO 10. Engineering knowledge:An ability to communicate instructions for preparing effective reports and documentation.
- PO 11: Engineering knowledge:An ability to acquire and demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary issues related to finance and managerial skills to bring up entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship.
- PO 12: Engineering knowledge:Ability to recognize and adapt to emerging field of application in engineering and technology by developing self-confidence for continuing education and lifelong learning process.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO 1: Specify, Design, Build and Test analog, digital and embedded system for signal processing.
- PSO 2: Understand and architect wired and wireless analog and digital communication systems as per specifications, and determine their performance.