The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (E&E) was established in the year
SECAB Institute of Engineering & Technology, Vijaypur offers a broad education in the field of
Electrical & Electronics Engineering. The education offered in Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering is unique
recognized with all associated general disciplines.
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical & Electronics is a four years (eight semesters) duration
programme affiliated to VTU, approved by AICTE.
The students of this branch are placed in electrical & electronics related organization and software
The department has a well balanced mixture of senior and experienced faculty together with young and
dynamic faculty. With the objective of making graduates industry ready, the Department modernized all laboratories using industry
standard equipments to the students and arrangement to the staff members and a wide base set-up cabin to the Head of the
Department Vision :
To produce professionally competent Engineers in the field of Electrical and Electronics to assist the
society at large.
Department Mission :
We, at Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department are committed to achieve our vision
1. Imparting Outcome Based Education through theory and applications.
2.Developing skills and competence by conducting Innovative programs.
3. Nurturing creative thinking in students through Research activities.
4.To engage stakeholders and inculcate best engineering practices for continuous
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1- To become competent and professional Engineer with multi-disciplinary skills and strong knowledge.
- PEO 2- Graduates shall get employed in industries, pursue higher studies, research assignments or turn as entrepreneurs
- PEO 3- Prepare graduates to communicate effectively and participate as a leader in economic growth of region, thereby society
- PEO 4- To enhance abilities amongst graduates to address and formulate feasible solutions for real life electrical engineering
Program Educational Objectives
- PO1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics and science, with fundamentals of Electrical and Electronics
Engineering to be able to solve complex engineering problems related to EEE.
- PO2. Problem Analysis: Identify, Formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems related to
EEE and reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- PO3. Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems related to EEE and design
system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the
cultural societal and environmental considerations
- PO4. Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of
experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- PO5. Modern Tool Usage: Create, Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools
including prediction and modelling to EEE related complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- PO6. The Engineer and Society: Apply Reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal
and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the EEE professional engineering practice
- PO7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the EEE professional engineering solutions in societal and
environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- PO8. Ethics: Apply Ethical Principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering
- PO9. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with
society at large such as able to comprehend and with write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations
and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles
and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi disciplinary environments
- PO12. Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long
learning the broadest context of technological change
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1- To troubleshoot, repair and conduct routine maintenance of electrical system or equipment.
- PSO 2- Apply knowledge of power system configuration electrical equipment and protection practices to the design and
specification of electrical generation, transmission, and distribution and utilization system.
- PSO 3- To design, analyze, test and evaluate the performance of the electrical machines & transformers.
HOD MESSAGE :
It gives me immense pride and pleasure to lead the electrical and electronics engineering department of
this esteemed institution.
The department encourages students to participate in cultural and co-curricular activities, sports,
seminars, paper presentation etc. keeping in mind overall growth of the students.
To fill the gap between industry and the academics providing industrial visits and internships to the
students are regular practice of the department, which assist the student in smooth transition from academic life to work
I wish the students make best use of the facilities provided by the department and work towards
achieving excellence in the chosen field.