Welcome to the Department of Computer Science & Engineering. The Department was established in the year 2002 and offers undergraduate program (B.E.) in Computer Science & Engineering with an intake of 60.
PG programme was introduced to the department in the year 2013-14 in Computer Network Engineering with an intake of 18. Department was also recognized as a Research centre in the year 2013.
The department is bound to produce not just skilled engineers but citizens who are responsible towards society. We are a team of highly qualified, experienced & dedicated faculties. Department has sufficient number of Well-equipped laboratories, class rooms & library for imparting quality education.
Develop professionally competent Computer Science Engineers to serve the society.
We at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering are committed to achieve our vision by:
- Imparting outcome based education through effective teaching learning process.
- Providing exposure to latest tools and technologies in the area of Computer Science.
- Inculcating research and Industry-institute interaction.
- Involving stakeholders for continuous development.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Knowledge of Computer Science to analyze, design and develop solution to computing problems.
- PEO 2: Ability to solve societal issues with the help of team work and effective communication.
- PEO 3: Ability to develop professional skills and ethics which help in employment, entrepreneurship and lifelong learning.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO 1: Engineering knowledge: An ability to apply basic knowledge of science, mathematics and engineering fundamentals in the field of Computer Science Engineering.
- PO 2: Problem analysis: An ability to identify, formulate, and analyze Computer Science engineering problems using basics principles of science, mathematics and engineering.
- PO 3: Design/development of solutions: An ability to design for complex Computer Science and engineering problems using basic design concepts, analyze and process to meet the desired needs with in realistic constraints.
- PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: An ability to conduct experiments, analyse, interpret the data and results with valid conclusion.
- PO 5: Modern tool usage: An ability to apply modern tools to model, design, analyze, verify and to solve complex Computer Science and engineering problems.
- PO 6: The Engineer and Society: An ability to understand the impact of Computer Science and engineering solutions globally, in terms of economic, societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7: Environment and sustainability: An ability to understand the principles, commitment and practice to improve product sustainable development globally in Computer Science engineering with minimal environmental effect.
- PO 8: Ethics: An ability to understand and apply ethical principles and commitment to address professional ethical responsibilities of an engineer.
- PO 9: Individual and team work: An ability to function efficiently as an individual and as a group member in a team in multidisciplinary activities.
- PO 10: Communication: An ability to communicate instructions for preparing effective reports and documents.
- PO 11: Project management and finance: An ability to acquire and demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary issues related to finance and managerial skills to bring up entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship.
- PO 12: Lifelong learning: An ability to recognize and adapt to emerging field of application in engineering and technology by developing self-confidence for continuing education and lifelong learning process.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO 1: Demonstrate understanding of the principles and working of software aspects and computer system.
- PSO 2:Provide effective real time solutions through design and development of complex problems using acquired knowledge in various domains.